IOSH Managing Safely
Who should do?
This IOSH health & safety course is designed for the Managers, Supervisors and Safety Representatives who have responsibilities of ensuring health and safety at their workplace. Course gives a clear and basic requirement of good health and safety practices.
Also, those who looking for a career in health and safety profession and plan to progress towards NEBOSH IGC or similar qualification.
Learning Outcome of Training Course
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to safety and health
- Identify how the law can have an impact on safety and health in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the benefits and characteristics of an effective health and safety management system
- Describe the principles that underpin good safety and health performance
IOSH Managing Safely Course Syllabus
- Module 1 – Introduction to Managing Safely
- Module 2 – Assessing Risks
- Module 3 – Controlling risk
- Module 4 – Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5 – Identifying hazards
- Module 6 – Investigating accidents & Incidents
- Module 7 – Measuring performance
Duration of IOSH Managing Safely Courses
This is a full 4 days course or equivalent 4 weekend days or equivalent hours in evening part time.
Examination for IOSH Certification
60 marks written paper and 38 marks project work to be completed within two weeks from the end of the training course.
IOSH Managing Safely Certification
On successful completion of theory and project work, the successful candidate will receive IOSH Managing Safely Certificate from IOSH.
Acceptance of the course
Many firms and companies require their Managers and Supervisors to undergo IOSH Managing Safely course in order to improve their safety performance as well as a stepping stone to health and safety career.dGTC Terms and Conditions