Why Craftsmen Competency Course?
Today, many of the work are contracted and liabilities of employer has been shifted to contractor. The very fact is contractor employ few to few hundred workers, most them are seasonal and unskilled. This has resulted into number of serious accidents in the workplace causing enormous loss to the individual and contractor. These courses are design to impart necessary knowledge and skills to reduces accidents and losses.
Employer and contractor can avail these training program at the dGTC campus or can be organized at their premises.
Who the course is for?
New or existing workers who intend to develop skills and prove their competency in the respective trade.
To impart necessary knowledge and skill to identify hazards and take measures to control them to reduce accidents and ill-health in course of the work.
- Rigging and signalman (Basic/intermediate) – 3 days
- Scaffolding (Basic/Intermediate) – 3 days
- Work at Heights and Rescue – 2 days
- Safety in Excavation and Trenching – 1 day
- Confined Space Entry – 1 day
- Safety in welding and Cutting – 2 days
- Mobile Crane Operator – 3 days
- Tower Crane Operator – 3 days
- Heavy Equipment Operator – 1 day
- Defensive Driving – ½ day
- H2S Awareness and Use of BA – 1 day
- General Commissioning Safety – 1 day
Method of delivery
Power slides, audio visual materials, practical demonstration.
The length of the course varies from one day to three days and attempt has been made to provide maximum information at minimal days.
Assessment and Certification
Certificates will be issued by dGTC on successful completion and attendance certificates will be issued to those fail in the assessment. Assessment criteria 70% practicals and 30% theory.