Aim of the course
To equip an average candidate with health & safety knowledge and skill, so that competent enough to be employed as safety supervisor at various workplaces in shortest duration through accelerated training program.
- Understand basic health and safety laws applicable to common workplaces.
- Understand safe system of work required for different activities within the workplaces including permit to work system.
- Preparing risk assessment for general activities and guiding others to produce job specific risk assessment.
- Identify fire hazards and carry out fire risk assessment of simple workplace situation and strategies for control
- Develop and carry various inspection of the workplace and coordinate statutory inspections.
- Outline injuries and ill health effects of physical processes of work & the environment & recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
- Understand basic reasons for reporting and investigation of incidents (accidents near miss) at the workplace.
- Emphasis will be given to written and spoken skills to enable candidate carry out his/her responsibilities.
Who are the target candidates?
Average XII/ graduates from any branch, who are seriously looking for an alternative career, willing to take on hardship, willing to learn in shortest possible time, ready to take jobs on projects sites which normally is under harsh environment.
The course consists of practically oriented 30 + modules delivered by various experts from the industries and other training providers. Every efforts will be made to expose candidate to practical demonstration by items available at the institute, industrial visits, videos and photographs and & pictures/diagram.
Mode of delivery of the course
Three months full time residential course, 5 days a week, 1 day industrial visits every week and 1 day weekly holiday. Power slides, audio visual materials, practical demonstration
- 09.30 – 12.30 hrs theory
- 12.30 – 13.30 hrs Lunch break
- 13.30 – 15.30 hrs practice
- 1600 – 17.30 hrs (personality development and language improvement)
Certification: the following certificates will be given to successful candidates at the end of the course
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management – by dGTC
- IOSH Managing Safely – by IOSH, UK
- Basic Crane and Lifting Operation – by dGTC
- Basic Scaffold Erection, Maintenance and Dismantling – by dGTC
- Safety in Height Work – by dGTC
- Basic First Aid and CPR – DISH Approved, Govt of Maharashtra
- Safety in Confined space – by dGTC
- Safety in Excavation Work – by dGTC
- H2S Awareness and rescue Operation – by dGTC
- Basic Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting – by dGTC
- Safety in Handling Chemicals – by dGTC
- Permit to Work System – by dGTC
Assessment and Certification
Formative assessments at the end of each module – theory and practical, candidates must complete 80% of modules in order to get diploma certificate. Candidates referred or absent modules can complete in next batch.
Institute will organize campus interview during the third month of the course and ensure that maximum candidates are placed. No fees will be charged and salary will be in the range Rs – 8000 – 15000/-depending upon the organization and candidate’s performance during the interview.
However, candidates are likely to get much better jobs in India and aboard as their level competency will be quite good.