Acceptance of NEBOSH – International General Certificate
National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is one most widely recognized awarding body for health safety, environment and fire related qualifications of United Kingdom (UK). NEBOSH –IGC is one among these qualification in occupational safety and health, its level -3, most highly demanded entry professional qualification in UK & Europe and Middle-East and other countries.
This is right course for those who are seeking a new career in health and safety and those in the profession who wants to enhance their career.
NEBOSH certificates are increasing in the domestic by MNCs, in addition to requirement of local diploma for employment.
Over 35,000 people have achieved the qualification worldwide since its introduction in 2004 by NEBOSH. They are employed as HSE Officer, advisor, Engineers, Manager and Consultants in government and private sectors.
Where they get employed?
What kinds of people take the NEBOSH International General Certificate?
Managers, supervisors and employees throughout the world take the NEBOSH International General Certificate because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organization.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety.
Graduates from any branch with some working some working experience is desirable. From our records candidates from the following braches took this certification and working in various organizations in India and abroad.
- B A
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering/Other Technologies
- GNM/B.Sc Nursing
Good skill of written and spoken English is important for this course.
International General Certificate Course – Syllabus
IGC 1: Management of International Health and Safety
- Element 1: Foundation in health and safety (Plan)
- Element 2: Health and safety management system – Plan
- Element 3: Health and safety management system – Do
- Element 4: Health and safety management system – Check
- Element 5: Health and safety management system – Act
GC 2: Control of Workplace Hazards
- Element 1: Workplace hazards and risk control
- Element 2: Transport hazard and risk control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Wok equipment hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Electrical safety
- Element 6: Fire safety
- Element 7: Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Element 8: Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
GC 3: Health and Safety – Practical Application
The aim of this unit is to assess candidates’ ability to complete two activities:
- Carry out unaided a safety inspection of a workplace, identifying the more common hazards, deciding whether they are adequately controlled and, where necessary suggesting appropriate and cost effective control measures.
- Prepare a report that persuasively urges management to take appropriate action, explaining why such action is needed (including reference to possible breaches of legislation and standards) and identifying, reasonably practicable control measures that should be implemented.
Details can be referred to GC 3 Guidance published by NEBOSH, available in the download section of the website.
Duration of NEBOSH – IGC Training Courses
13 days full time /equivalent hours in weekend or evening part–time
Full time classes will be conducted at main campus at Handewadi whereas; weekend and evening classes will be conducted at Shivajinagar.
Examination for NEBOSH – International General Certificate
The examination consists of two theory papers IGC-1 and GC 2 of and GC-3, a practical assessment which is required to be submitted by the candidate within 10 working days before or after the date of the examination.
Passing marks are 45% for IGC1/GC-2 and 60% for GC3.
Each written paper consists of one ‘long-answer’ question and ten ‘short-answer’ questions. All questions are compulsory.
NEBOSH Examination is supervise by the British Council Examination Services under the guidance of NEBOSH, UK.
Examination is conducted at Pune or other locations arranged by British Council.
On successful completion of theory and practical assessment candidate will receive international general certificate in occupational health and safety from NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health, UK).
The International General Certificate (IGC) qualification meets the academic requirements for Associate Member which can progress towards Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). Also Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).